EQ Care New and Improved Experience FAQ
We’re continuously working to improve our platform and services. As such, our EQ Care platform will be upgraded to provide new features for plan members and for EQ Care clinicians. In the spring of 2022, you will have access to an evolved EQ Care experience with all the best features of EQ Care that you know and love, and including some new additions:
- A new and improved service experience to discover, either via the app or the web portal, designed with you in mind.
- Access a wider network of allied health providers, including more mental health professionals, nutritionists, physiotherapists
- New functionalities such as the possibility to integrate with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and broader on-demand access to healthcare professionals.
When is this happening?
The EQ Care mobile app and web portal will be updated to the new experience this April 29th.
What are the new features of the upgraded EQ Care platform?
With the upgraded EQ Care platform, members will continue to benefit from 24/7, on-demand care services delivered in French and English, anywhere in Canada, and now will also be able to:
- Engage with the clinical team in new ways, via chat or by video
- Engage with primary care providers on-demand or by booking an appointment.
- Access to a wide network of allied health providers, including more mental health professionals, nutritionists, physiotherapists
- Benefit from an expanded care team — triage by registered nurses, consultations with NPs and/or physicians, clinician-to-clinician consultations with dermatologists and psychiatrists, pharmacists, and more
- Better electronic sharing of medical notes with other healthcare professionals – with written consent from the patient — to support continuity of care
Will I need to download a new app?
No. The EQ Care web-based application and mobile applications will be automatically updated on the day of the evolution. No further action is required for users to access the new and improved application.
Will the partner portal or the web portal for browser-based consults also be changing?
While the look and feel will change to provide you access to all upgraded features, the URL will remain the same for the partner portal and the web portal for browser-based consults (https://my.eqcare.com/).
Will I be able to use the same username and password?
Yes, your username and password will remain the same.
What if I forgot my password?
You will be able to use the “Forgot your password?” link on the sign in page on the mobile or web version.
Who do I contact if I need help?
You can reach out to us should you need any help during the transition period:Phone: 1-855-449-4994
Will I still have access to my inbox & care plans?
Your inbox messages and previous care plans will remain available in the upgraded EQ Care app, but will be found under the “History” tab as Notes.
Your previous consult history, including prior documents shared between yourself and the clinical team will also be available in the “Consults” tab.
Will I still have access to the same practitioners?
Yes. You will have access to a growing team of primary care practitioners including nurse practitioners and physicians.
I have never used EQ Care - how do I register?
Access your organization’s partner portal and click on the “Sign Up” link. You can also register through my.eqcare.com by clicking on “Register now”.